As per my knowledge, a kitchen without a range hood is like a person without a hand. Every kitchen must have 03 appliances, an oven or cook-top, cookware sets & a kitchen hood.
The range hood purifies the kitchen air quality; additionally, it also saves the cooking spots from sticky grease oils. And filters out the lamp black carbon, cooking smells, smells of food residues.
But, the question is- “why a ductless range hood?”. We have chosen the recirculating range hoods based on different parameters.
The short answer is these hoods are very easy to install, lower maintenance cost, effortless time shaving cleaning facilities. Moreover, the price range is lower than the ducted one.
Read more about range hood maintenance.
What is ductless or recirculating range hoods?
The ductless range hood kits are installed mostly on the kitchen walls; unlike, the ducted range hoods, which pass out the toxic air through a vented pipe.
The ductless directly exhausts the smoke outside of the kitchen wall.
In recirculating under the cabinet range hood, you don’t need to sacrifice the kitchen shelves.
Moreover, it will only remove air during the cooking process; less energy expenditure, no extra cost for ventilation pipe.
Overall it’s a good deal for narrower kitchen space holders.
How good are ductless range hoods?
For the home kitchen, a ductless range hood is a perfect choice. But, vented kitchen hoods are always more effective than ductless ones.
You can go with ducted range hoods if you have a passage for exhaust ventilation.
Moreover, if you have a small kitchen space, you must go for recirculating range hoods.
The main benefit is it’s a space-saving product.
Lastly, under cabinet range hoods perfectly catch all oil greases, lamp black carbons. And, most importantly, it’s the best under-budget choice for you.
Where Ducted Range Hoods Beat The Recirculating Range Hoods?
If you have a ventilation option, you must go with ducts once. The recirculating range hoods circulate the air inside the kitchen; instead of exhausting it out.
And, especially if you don’t install the charcoal filter, there is no point remaining to use the recirculating range hoods.
The ducted exhaust hood 100% vents out the hot oily moisture air & other cooking odors; it’s a good choice.
Do You Know This?
By installing a charcoal filter kit, it converts ductless into a recirculating range hood.
There are three types of range hood filters, charcoal filters, baffle filters, and honeycomb filters.
Best Recirculating Range Hoods in 2020:
There are two types of ductless range hood as per the construction design for-
1st one is under the cabinet (Check no- 1 to 3) suitable for you in case you have small kitchen space holders.
The 2nd one is wall-mounted hoods (Check no- 4 to 6), for larger kitchen space holders.
1. Hauslane Chef Series UC-PS18SS Convertible Under Cabinet Range Hood
No products found.
The modern looks are very-attractive & eye-catching, which makes it a perfect contemporary kitchen hood.
The PS18 model is a very beneficial & perfect choice for a busy kitchen environment.
This hood machine adds ultra innovative industrial touches to your kitchen. Additionally, it perfectly cleans the grease smokes & cooking fumes very quickly.
So, you can enjoy the family dinner or meals even without waiting.
The touch panel provides an ergonomic instant control ventilation feature; If you use the auto shut-off safety feature, it will automatically vent out smells from the room.
This vent hood comes in two different variations 30″ & 36″. Our personal experience with the matte black set is beneficial; it looks less dirty.
- The motor comes with innovative, cutting-edge technology. It has two powerful motors, which produce strong suction power (860 cfm).
- Moreover, the 06 different speed settings give you the ultimate control of playing with noise level & suction power.
- This hood has three ventilation attributes. On the top portion, either a 6″ round adapter or 10″*3-1/4″ rectangular adapter; on the backside, the10″*3-1/4″ rectangular adapter.
- The stainless steel body construction has strong corrosion & absorption resistance.
- PS18 model comes with 02 baffle filters, completely dishwasher safe, very durable against different chemicals or physical damages.
- The Sleek buttonless LED display operates with touches; just one effortless wipe down with a soft dry cotton towel & it’s completely clean up. Lastly no need to fight with cotton buds to take out the greasers from the button cracks.
- We have found that cooking fumes contain Carcinogens; inhaling this substance for a long time can cause lung cancer (source). The Hausladen ventilation system is so powerful that it keeps out all the cooking fumes from your kitchen.
- Hauslane is a trusted brand, delivers high-quality service; and, always comes up with innovative ideas to develop modern kitchen appliances.
- Very easy to clean.
- Scratch-approved stainless steel body.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Complete control over noise level & motor speed.
- The installation process is a bit more difficult.
- price range is high.
2. Cosmo 5MU- 30″ & 36″ Under Cabinet Convertible Range Hood
No products found.
The brand value & demands for Cosmo are continuously increasing in this contemporary time frame.
More than 1k people only from the US cities are looking for this brand because it’s the best budget-friendly convertible recirculating range hoods.
The Cosmo MU model is the right fit for narrower kitchen space holders. It can set perfectly right underneath a cabinet.
MU series vent hood comes with two different models, 30 inches & 36″ & weight is 14-Lb & 19-Lb, respectively.
The Mu series produces a noise level of 56 dB & 65 dB; those are close to the restaurant standard noise level.
Product dimension of 36” model is (19.5″ width)*(35.25″ length)*(5.5″ height). Operating voltage is 120/60hz volts; and duct size is round-shaped 5″ diameter.
- Flexible under price vent hood, you can use it as recirculating, or ductless, or even ducted.
- To use it as a recirculating kitchen hood, you have to use the CFK4 carbon filter. The air will be passing out from the front gaps.
- Slim profile space-saving design makes this product most suitable for condos & apartments.
- The full-body brush finished, made with 400 series stainless steel, thickness 20 gauge.
- The seamless design helps in effortless, easy cleaning.
- Cosmos provides its users with an aluminum reusable mesh filter for trapping the grease filter. You have to clean the mesh filter at least twice a year.
- These filters are completely dishwasher safe.
- The 05 sleek stainless steel push-button operate the fan speed. Three different fan speeds help you to adjust your need; the motor is 200 cfm.
- The three Lumen LED lights clarify the visibility & ensure energy savings. Lastly, as per the manufacturer’s instruction, you need to install this kitchen hood between 24 to 30 inches above the cook-tops.
- The price range is very affordable.
- Completely trusted & well-known brand product.
- Easily adjust within a smaller kitchen cabinet.
- No carbon filter comes with the product.
- Users need to put extra effort; to clean out the grease from the button cracks.
3. Broan PM250 & PM390 Series Affordable Hood Insert
No products found.
The Broan Nutone is a versatile, cheap ventilation hood insert that fulfills our basic kitchen needs in two ways; easy ventilation & over the headlight.
The aluminum body makes it extremely lit weighted. You can fit it on a wall or perfectly set it underneath the kitchen cabinet.
The model comes with two different variations one is PM250 & the one is PM390.
If you have a relatively higher budget of over 200$, then go for the PM390. This set can also become a convertible range model; you have to purchase the carbon filter kit 357NDK.
The minimum height of installation is 24″, recommended by the manufacturer. The EPA survey report says some-time indoor air quality is even 05 times worse than outdoor air quality.
The Broan brand provides a unique trust-able ventilation facility over more than 80 years.
Plain aluminum & stainless steel body, durable & scratch approved. The aluminum construction makes the PM 390 model relatively lighter.
The duct hole size is on the top portion- 7″ diameter. Aluminum or Stainless Steel mesh filter is washable & dishwasher friendly.
|Aluminium||8.4lb||20.5 x 2.5 x 11.25 inches|
|STAINLESS STEEL||7.4lb||10.18 x 21 x 9.5 inches|
|Aluminium||16lb||11.25 x 9.63 x 20.5 inches|
|STAINLESS STEEL||17.8lb||10.18 x 21 x 9.5 inches|
PM250 & PM390 has two high speed motor exhaust fan 250cfm & 390cfm; and both are exhaust at 8.0 stones, 6.0 stones respectively.
Besides, the 3-speed centrifugal blower gives you full control over fan speed.
You can also use it as a recirculating range hood by installing the carbon filter.
It also provides an ergonomic facility with ADA-compliant situations; a dedicated 2 & 3 rocker wall switch to turn it on or off.
Most attractive feature we have found here in the PM390 model, the heat sensor.
It automatically adjusts the fan speed to suck out the toxin air from the hustle.
- The heat sensor automatically turns on the fan if you forget to put on the vent hood.
- You can purchase each & every body part separately.
- Minimal effort required for cleaning.
- 40 watt.
- No non-duct filter kit comes with the package.
- Relatively old modeled.
- Sometimes fans stay on, even if you turn off the vent hood. Mostly it’s due to the high temperature in the kitchen environment.
- Need extra effort to clean out the sticky grease from switch panel cracks.
4. Cosmo 63175S Wall Mounted Convertible Range Hoods
No products found.
This cosmo model is another fibulas recirculating wall-mounted range hood; this unit also comes under Amazon’s best choice.
The bottom base is 30 inches long. The modern looks with the best budget-friendly high performance can grab anyone’s attention very quickly.
As per NIH, cooking-related contamination & exposure remarkably increases the pulmonary effects. These elements create respiratory diseases.
The 63175S model has 380 cfm suction power. So the fans can instantly get rid of the harmful pollutants’ odors & sticky grease elements from the kitchen space.
And perfectly balance the kitchen environment.
- The full-body appears as a sleek looking, brushed finished premium quality stainless. 400 series 20 gauge stainless steel used to construct the vent hood.
- Product dimension is 30″*19.75″*39.4″, operating voltage is 120V. No push button, soft-touch easy digital control can make your life smoother. If you are looking for something big, you can go for the 36″ 63190 model with the push-button feature.
- The attached 25.6″ chimney hides the duct pipe passes along the rear wall, up to the ceiling.
- However, if you face any duct issues or have a shortage of space, then it has an option for recirculating one; you have to purchase the CFK1-TM carbon filter.
- Two stainless steel ARC-FLOW baffle fitter comes with these sets. They are durable, scratchproof. And lastly friendly with dishwasher cleaning.
- Three single pieces of motor provide enough airflow and 3 stage fan speed control. The high, low, medium suction power is suitable for different cooking.
- On the front side, two 2w LED lights are attaching at the bottom portion. That provides an effective energy-saving solution to light up the cooking spot.
- This vent hood is quieter and less noisy, producing 65db maximum noise.
- Facilitate with a powerful motor.
- Perfect product at a reasonable price.
- More space consuming.
- No free charcoal kit.
5. ZLINE KB Series Wall Mounted Recirculating Range Hood
No products found.
In one sentence, we love the product. Because of it has outstanding features like high suction power with multi-stage fan speed control, and a durable body.
The KB series is looking gourmet with the vent & filters for trapping the smokes & grease elements.
This model comes with two variations 30″ & 36″. If you have a relatively higher budget, then you can go for the later one.
My friend Emma recently decided to remodel her kitchen. However, when it comes to ducting-work, Emma was a bit more confused; to pick the perfect vent hood.
She has two options, either COSMOS or ZLINE; both hoods are very-good products.
Finally, she picked the ZLINE KB series for high suction power; because she loves to cook various fast food, especially every weekend.
- We can use it as a ducted hood and as well as a convertible. But, for ductless, you have to purchase a carbon filter separately.
- The whole body construct with 430 brushed finished 21 gauge thick stainless steel, which is very nice, & impressive.
- This model has a chimney extension, easily fits within 7ft to 12ft ceiling height.
- The suction power is 760cfm, which is very high & also featured with 04 speed tough, sensitive electronic filters.
- Two 20 watt halogen light provides enough brightness; you don’t need any other light source for cooking.
- Stainless steel made, dishwasher safe 03 layer baffle filter catches the smokes, stream & grease elements.
- High suction power means more air purification.
- Produce very low-level noise 56db.
- No rusting issue.
- Price range is high
- Heavily weighted 40lb.
- Consume more kitchen space.
6. Winflo W103C30-Series Convertible Wall Mounted Range Hood
No products found.
No products found.
There are 04 hood sets- 1st one comes with 02 charcoal filters, 2nd one with 02 baffle filters, 3rd one aluminum mesh, 4th one is stainless steel panel.
These product sets are the perfect under-budget wall mount vent hood that comes with multiple filter options.
You can purchase the baffle/ aluminum filter/ panel model & make it a convertible hood with a (WRHF003S2) charcoal filter (need to buy separately).
The Winflo 30″ model product dimension is 19.21″ x 29.5″ x 36.22″ and operating voltage is 110 Volts; it’s fixed for everyone.
This brand offers more than 200 ETL-certified range hood models with high-quality, innovative designs to enhance kitchen beauty.
- Highly developed engineered components ensure product safety & as well as the vent hood quality feature.
- Brushed finished premium quality stainless steel made body; enhance the interior beauty.
- The telescope-shaped chimney can easily fit within 7.5ft to 8.4ft ceiling; extension for the high-end ceilings is also available; model no WRHCE03.
- If you purchase this unit with a baffle filter option, you will get a damper kit. This kit protects the back warm wind flow,
- The vent location is in the top portion with a flexible ductwork connection facility. The motors generate 400cfm suction power. Moreover, it produces 65db, 50 sones noise level.
- You get a push-button set for controlling airflow. One switch is for power control, 3 for fan speed & the 4th one is for light.
- Two soft bright emitting LEDs are present on the front base portion near the filter handles.
- All filters can be easily clean & they are 100% dishwasher safe.
- Valuable product within a budget.
- 03 Years warranty.
- Easy cleaning.
- Users need to put extra effort, to clean out the greases from the button cracks.
How Do I Choose A Ductless Range Hood? Buying Guide:
There are several parameters you check carefully before purchasing any recirculating vent hood. like-
Kitchen Hood Size:
For a house kitchen, people are looking for two types of range hoods 30″ & 36″. 48″ kitchen hoods are mainly used for commercial purposes.
There are 03 types of range hoods present on the market; the under cabinet, wall mounted & island range hoods. Each model can easily convert into a ductless one. We just need additional recirculating filters.
Based on your kitchen size, you can choose any model type. The island range hoods are directly hanging from the ceiling.
If you are cooking in the middle portion of your kitchen & have a larger space, it enhances the kitchen’s beauty.
There is no doubt stainless steel is the best option for the body. 20 or 21 gauge premium quality 400 series (420/ 430 grade) stainless steel or surgical stainless steel is the best option.
These are highly effective against scratches. Even it doesn’t react with citrus or detergent solution.
Effectiveness Or Suction Power:
Specifically, non-ducted range hoods CFM (cubic feet per minute) power is much lower as compared to the convertible hoods.
Any recirculating range hood must have at least 200cfm suction power.
The best choice for ducted hoods is above 400cfm.
If you are cooking under a cabinet portion & have a smaller kitchen area, then the Cosmos MU model is the best option for you.
Range hood motors vibrate with suction fans. At a higher speed, it vibrates at a higher frequency, which is noisy.
So, make sure you check the noise level of any vent hood before you purchase it.
Five sones or 52 dB noise level arises during human conversation.
Low noisy ductless range hoods are relatively pricier; so, check your budget before picking any kitchen hood.
Panel filters reduce the noise level to a certain level.
Types Of Filter:
There are 04 types of filters; baffle, mesh or honeycomb, panel one & charcoal filter. Any ducted range hood can convert into non-ducted.
The duct option is the best choice. However, if you have an exhaust issue, you can go with the 4th option (ductless filter).
The 1st three types of filters are dishwasher safe. Charcoal filter sucks the grease element, odors & re-circulates the air within the kitchen.
What types of switch panels have come with the hood, push-button, or sleek digital touches.
The most ultramodern feature comes with Cosmos QS75, controlling the fan speed with remote switches.
This model also has a digital display control panel.
The different hood model provides multiple fan speed control facilities, 03 stages, or 04 stages, fan speed control facilities.
Broan 36″ vent hood model has a heat sensor; it automatically adjusts the fan speed with kitchen needs.
Except for 2 or 3 reputed range hood models, most of the convertible range hood price range is over $150.
We have selected a few best-quality ductless & convertible range hood models that are perfectly suitable for under-budget consumers.
Benefits Of Ductless Range Hoods:
The benefit of ductless range hoods are- it can install anywhere within the kitchen area.
Yes, it trapped the greases, smokes, and other cooking contaminants. But, it passes the airflow within the kitchen.
Therefore these hoods are unable to remove 100% cooking smells from the kitchen area.
How Long Do Recirculating Charcoal Filters Last?
In general, you need to replace the carbon filter after every 4 to 6 months. I have mentioned the time frame because it depends on two factor-
No 1. What are you cooking? spicy fast food or healthy recipes
2nd. Are you cooking daily?
It can stay fit for a maximum of 6 months, but after that, it stops working.
Do Recirculating Range Hoods Really Work?
Yes, it works; But ducted range hoods are more effective as compared to ductless ones.
But, if you have any open window near the cooking space, then ductless vent hoods can closely compete with duct one.
The exhaust mouth must be straight towards the window direction.
Do Recirculating kitchen Hoods Remove cooking smell & Steam completely?
Sorry, here the ductless range hood failed to compete with ducted hoods. It removes the grease & cooking contaminates.
However, recirculating hoods are unable to remove the moisture or stems that arise from the cooking.
We hope our recommended brands will 100% fulfill your query needs.
However, if you don’t like these brands, you can directly search on Amazon. These are the most popular top-selling range hood brands in the US markets.