There is no doubt that GreenLife produces the most budget affordable ceramic cookware. These pans & pots are entirely environmentally safe & also health safe.
However, despite these cool features, this cookware has some limitations. Few of these constraints lower down the GreenLife pans oven-safe temperature.
A small example can be ceramic non-stick coating & rubber grip handles. The quick short answer of your question is-
All the silicone & bakelite wrapped handles GreenLife pans & pots have a low oven-safe temperature.
Only the “Green-Life Classic Pro” pans are particularly manufactured for oven use.
I hope you have an idea about ceramic non-stick cookware. This non-stick coating is so smooth & glazy. Moreover, these cooking gadgets are entirely free from all toxic chemicals.
Regular ceramic coating is thermal-safe less than 400 degrees Fahrenheit. But, at a higher temperature, they lost their glaze & become sticky.
Therefore, in this overdue part of this content, we will check “Are GreenLife pans oven safe or not?”.
Is Green-life Cookware Oven Safe?
Yes, GreenLife pans & pots can go in the oven; these are oven-safe in between 350 degrees Fahrenheit to 600 degrees Fahrenheit.
Most of the GreenLife “Soft Grip” and “Sand Stone” pans are oven safe till 350F & “Classic-Pro” frying pans are oven proof till 600F.
Deal Of This Day
Last update on 2021-05-17 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Therefore, if you are specifically looking for GreenLife oven-compatible cookware, go with Classic-Pro. However, these pans are not so expensive as compared to other pans.
The above-mentioned pan comes with stainless steel riveted joint handle. This ergonomic pan handle is slightly up-lifted, which provides you a solid gripping facility. Consequently, it stayed cool on the stovetops.
What About Other Cookware?
Other GreenLife cookware like Minis, Soft Grip Pro, stockpots, soft-grip induction are oven-proof till 350F.
The “Soft Grip Pro” pans & pots are constructing with powerful diamond-infused ceramic coating. These sets are highly thermal safe.
But, these culinary sets have bakelite handles. That’s why despite their high thermal proof on a stovetop feature have a low oven-safe temperature.
Are GreenLife Pans & Pots Handle Oven Safe?
Yes, the GreenLife pans & pots handles are oven safe till 350F or 178C.
Except for the “Classic Pro” all GreenLife cookware have bakelite & silicone handles. Bakelite & silicone handles are heat-proof till 178 degrees Centigrade or 350F.
No one wants their investment in any cookware will ruin under the oven, especially for the handles.
You need to understand the facts behind the types of cookware handles. Most of the GreenLife culinary products are non-compatible for high heat oven recipes; because of the bakelite-made handles.
Bakelite is a heat-proof or thermal insulator material. That’s why this cookware handles absolutely stay cool on the stovetops.
If you really want non-stick cookware with oven-proof handles, you need to go with metallic handles.
Unfortunately, GreenLife has only one cookware option. The “Classic Pro” has stainless steel handle & it’s oven safe till 315C.
Never neglect to wear oven mitts or pots holders to let out the “Classic Pro” pans from the oven. Because, stainless steel handles get extremely hot under the ovens.
Are The Lids Oven Safe?
All GreenLife pots and pans lids are constructing with tempered glasses.
Yes, these lids are also oven safe till 350F. And as per the manufacturer’s commitment, the ” Classic Pro” glass lids are oven-proof till 425F.
Most GreenLife cookware has bakelite wrapped lid knobs; that’s why you can hold them even without an oven mitt.
Why GreenLife Cookware Oven Safety Matters?
As you read earlier, the GreenLife cookware is coated with ceramic non-stick coating. Without any doubt, the ceramic non-stick pans & pots are considering within the healthiest cookware category.
This coating is 100% free from PTFE & POFA’s. These elements are founds on Teflon non-stick cookware. Over 350F Teflon cookware releases intoxicating smokes.
However, GreenLife non-stick cookware users might get from POFAs, but you have to deal with other issues. like-
The glaze on ceramic non-stick coating & bakelite handle gets damage at high temperature.
The glaze makes the ceramic coating more smoother; that’s why you cook without any oils & foods never get sticks on the pans. If this glaze once gets ruin, the food will start sticking on the cooking surface.
GreenLife non-stick culinary have aluminum inner core constructing metal, which has high thermal conductivity.
Aluminum & ceramic coating have two different thermal contraction & expansion properties. Therefore, if you cook over the highest temperature limit for a long time, this coating starts peeling off.
So, because of the above-mentioned reasons, GreenLife cookware oven safety matter a lot.
Are Ceramic Pans 100% Safe?
Yes, GreenLife cookware is 100% healthy & environmentally safe; until these culinary gadgets get damage. Moreover, never feed your birds using a ruined GreenLife Pan.
Most birds have enough strong beaks; that’s why the ceramic coating will get peeling off with foods.
Not only stop here!
Aluminum is also a soft metal; when birds stumble their beaks for feeding, if this metal comes to contact with their foods, then it’s also unsafe for them.
That’s why never use a ruined ceramic pan or pots for yourself & your birds.
How To Care For GreenLife Pans & Pots?
Till now, all the GreenLife non-stick cookware is ceramic coated. Therefore, you have to care about this cookware just like other ceramic coated pans or pots.
However, due to some construction specifications, you need to practice some extra precautions. Let’s discuss the caring instructions:
- Always use non-metallic soft spatulas for cooking. I know many ceramic pans & pots are compatible with metallic spatulas, just like GreenPan cookware. But, here the scenario is totally different. Even all the GreenLife cookware sets are coming with silicone cooking utensils.
- You must need to store GreenLife pans on the kitchen hanger. In case if you don’t install a cookware hanger in your kitchen, place a soft paper towel on the cookware rack, then place the pan on it.
- Once the cookware comes at its room temperature, then go with hand washing. Rinse or submerge the pan under warm water, use low alkaline mild detergent soaps & sponge scrubber to scrub out the cooking residues.
- If GreenLife ceramic pans catch the black stains or burnt on elements, use barkeeper friend or baking soda to pull these burnt stains out from the cookware. Never use metallic nets or knives to scrub on these burnt stain spots.
- Once you properly clean your pan, soak the excessive water the cookware using a kitchen towel. Sometimes this water left a white spot on the cookware surfaces.
- Always cook with healthy oils; never go with non-stick cooking spays. These sprays ruin non-stick coating if you use these sprays for a long time.
- If you find the non-stick glaze on the GreenLife ceramic pans starts losing its luster, you must go for seasoning. Canola oil is a good seasoning oil; you must recoat your pans thrice in a month.
Related: How to clean burnt non-stick pans?
Prevention For GreenLife Pans:
- Dishwasher soaps reduce the cookware durability & non-stick surface effectiveness; that’s why always stay away from the dishwasher.
- Never stuck your GreenLife pots & pans once on another. If these cookware scrub by other cookware for a long time, they get scratched & lose their luster. Even sometimes, the cookware handles also get loosen up; excessive uses of dishwasher cleaning.
- Rinsing the hot pans with regular water also reduces the cookware lifespan. If you practice this for a long time, the ceramic coating will start coming off. The reason for that ceramic clay & inner core metal has non-uniform thermal contraction & expansion properties.
- Keep in mind, never slice vegetables on the non-stick pans cooking surface. This type of action also hurt the ceramic coating; the pans lost their luster.
Do We Need To Season GreenLife Pans?
Yes, we must need to season the GreenLife cookware. All ceramic non-stick pan needs seasoning or polymerization if you want to use them for a longer time.
But, you will face two challenges here-
- The pots & pans handles are wrapping with a bakelite insulator.
- Except for the “Classic Pro” pans, all cookware is oven safe till 350F.
Therefore, you need to use burner stoves for polymerization. The gas stoves are most preferable, and never use here electric coil stoves or glass top stoves.
Moreover, you don’t need to apply oil coating on the pan-handles.
Here is how you can season the GreenLife pans-
- Once you properly clean your pans, soak the excess water using a soft cotton towel or paper towels. You can slightly heat the pans on stovetops to make them completely de-moisturize.
- Take a teaspoon of canola oil & thinly coated on the pans. Please don’t smear the oil on the handles.
- Now place the GreenLife pans on stovetops & set the burner at medium-low heat; keep it for 15 to 20 minutes. One thing keeps in your mind, don’t forget to flip the pan & place it another same minute.
- Once you finish it, let your pan come to its surrounding temperature. Finally, scrub the pan with a soft paper towel; to remove excess oils from it. If you want a better seasoning, you can repeat the procedure two more times.
If you really love to cook with GreenLife cookware, then use them for low heat recipes. There is no confusion that these pans & pots are entirely safe for us.
It doesn’t matter whether you cook on a stovetop & ovens never cross the thermal safety limits.
Before you start cooking using these cooking sets, reads the manufacturer’s guidelines carefully. Always avoid using this cookware harshly so it can serve for a longer duration.