Cosmo is not only the top-notch leading world-class range hood manufacturer company, they also produce eminent kitchen appliances. The brand mainly focuses especially on kitchen hood category on three thing-
No.1- The contemporary modern design.
No.2- Durability with ergonomic usability.
No.3- Last & most important part- the functionality.
This brand manufactured huge varieties range hood units, for different using purposes. No matter whether you have suspicious or smaller kitchen space, they have the perfect solution to purify your hustle environment. In this Cosmo range hood reviews section we have selected 3 under cabinet, 2 walls mounted & 2 island vent hood units.
Another important fact is, the prices of these products are completely started from the economical budget ranges. Most of their vent hoods are fully convertible to ductless with additional charcoal filter kit.
Among all the Cosmo exhaust hood category, most variation we have found in under cabinet range hoods models. Different kitchen hood categories are prominent for different types of hustles; and particularly depends on the cooking spots, kitchen architecture.
Cosmo Range Hood Reviews: 7 Best Editorial Picked
1. Cosmo COS-5MU Series Under Cabinet Hood For Slim Kitchen
The Cos-5MU series have 2 different range hood unit one is 30″ (COS-5MU30) & another one is 36″ (COS-5MU36). These models are specifically designed for tiny kitchens. Both of these products can be installed on the wall right above the stove-top; consequently, you can easily place it underneath your kitchen.
The MU30 has a silver finished looks, where MU36 comes with stainless steel color. For duct-work 5″ round exhaust vent is installed on the top portion.
The permanent filters effectively collect all the cooking odours & it’s completely durable against scratches. The product dimensions are (29.75″W x 19.75″L x 5.5″H )- COS-5MU30, (35.25″W x 19.75″L x 5.5″ H)- COS-5MU36. Both are working on 120V/ 60Hz.
- COS-5MU36 comes with 3 aluminum mesh filter where the COS-5MU30 has two only.
- The suction power is 200 CFM & it’s same for both of these 5MU series vent hood units.
- The grease panel is installed on the rare end insides of the range hood.
- It’s fully convertible to recirculating one with CFK4 filter kit. In the ductless form, the airflow will be passed from the front exhaust vent.
- The single-speed motor provides a decent amount of suction power, which effectively trap greases & smokes. In addition, you get 3-speed control settings.
- Martensitic stainless steel (430 series with 20 gauge path) has been used for body construction.
- Two power-saving LED’s are installed on the lower base portion towards rare ends.
- It has 5 push button for power control, marinating the fan speed & for LEDs.
- Completely Dishwasher safe.
- Very low noise level 56db.
- lite weighted.
- Low price range
- Suction power just touches the minimum requirement.
- Not suitable for larger kitchen space.
- Extra efforts may be required to pull out greases from the button cracks.
2. Cosmo COS-QS75/QS90 Under Cabinet Kitchen Hood
The QS75 is 30″ & QS90 is 36″ under cabinet range hood model. One thing I must tell you, if you have a budget, then must go this product. This QS series product is also comes under Amazon Choice.
The contemporary outlook with digital display & wireless remote controlling feature makes it the most prominent one. The front roof is slightly slanting & brush finished, whereas the display control area is glossy mirror finished.
Fits nicely underneath of any exiting kitchen cabinet. The ducted exhaust is placed on the roof-top area; and, it’s a round-shaped with 7.5″ diameter. Unit measurement is- (22″ D x 29.5″ W x 10″ H)-QS75, (35.3″ W x 22″ D x 9.8″ H)-QS90. Operating voltage 120V/60HZ.
- The most breathtaking feature attracted us, 500 CFM suction power. Two centrifugal motors quickly ventilate all the cooking odours, smokes & greases from the kitchen.
- Four (4) stage speed control fan, helps to adjust the ventilation speed, as per your requirement.
- Sleekly touch screen LED control panel, Auto turn-off timers with wireless control features, will really flexible your kitchen life.
- The ARC-Flow stainless steel filters are durable & dishwasher safe.
- Full body is made with 430 grade, 18 gauge stainless steel.
- You can use it as a wall-mounted hood, there are 4 holes on the backside; so, the kitchen cabinet is not necessarily required for installation.
- It’s fully convertible to ductless with #CFK5 carbon filter, need to purchase separately.
- Two 1.5 watt energy-saving LED’s illuminate soft bright lights & increases visibility on cook-top.
- The damper kit is included.
- Perfect worth for your money. The permanent filters & fans (not motors) are fully dishwasher safe.
- Easy control & effortless cleaning can make your kitchen smoother.
- The noise level is 60db to 65db, which is pretty low.
- Impressively sophisticated design with durable construction.
- 5 years warranty period & customer support teams are based on the USA.
- Both units are heavily weighed, additional support may be required.
- Carbon filter kits are not included.
3. Cosmo UC30 Cabinet Insert Convertible Hood
If you are decided to purchase an exceedingly powerful & bold under cabinet kitchen hood within a reasonable price range; then you have check out the UC30 (30″ hood) model. Cosmo UC30 is a tamp product, fits within a compact space.
Brushed finished under cabinet hood is a perfect combination of sober functionality & elegant design; that enhance the kitchen sophistication. The dimension is 29.5″ W x 20.5″ D x 9.75″ H & weight is 25Lb.
The 6 inches round-shaped duct vent installed on the top area; operating voltage is 120 volts.
The accessory comes with the package two 5×50 & five 5×16 wood screws, 2 wall anchors; & if you purchase with flexible duct, then aluminum duct pipe also comes with the package. The
- Here no digital display, 5 push-button for operating this vent hood.
- Exterior portion, grease panel & filters are fully made by 430 grade 20 gauge stainless steel.
- The permanent ARC-Flow baffle filters are dishwasher safe, efficiently catches the grease & cooking savours.
- Most robust feature here maximum airflow suction power is 760 CFM & in normal mode, you get 380 CFM. This high suction intensity really helps to purify the kitchen environment.
- 3 level fan speed control, medium, high & low & in general it produces 65db noise.
- UC30 unit has convertible to recirculating hood feature; need to purchase #CFK1-TM filter kit.
- LED lights (2) are very energy efficient & enhances visibility.
- No need to buy the 3-prong power cord.
- Made with premium, scratch-resistant stainless steel.
- Robust motor.
- Lightweight with easy to clean.
- Completely value for money.
- It’ also has 5 years warranty period.
- Noise level is louder at a higher speed.
- No front exhaust vent like COS-MU series kitchen hood.
4. Cosmo 63175S Chimney-Style Wall Mount Vent Hood
If you are searching for an attractive as well as robust quality wall mounted range hood, you must need to grab your attention on Cosmo 63175S. The contemporary eyeful design can remodel the hustle with an aesthetic look.
This lightweight kitchen hood comes with brush finished appearance & the digital display is installed on the middle of the front side. The 6″ duct vent is hidden under the chimney funnel.
The best practice will be exhaust out smokes & cooking contaminates from the kitchen place. But, if you don’t have any vent out option then you can convert it into a ductless exhaust hood with #CFK1-TM carbon filter.
This 30″ kitchen hood product dimension is 30″ W x 19.75″ D x Adjustable 25.6′” – 39.4″ H.
- Soft & sleek digital touch display for power connection, lights & 3 fan speed control.
- Powerful motor with high suction power 380 CFM. In other words, no need fear about the kitchen environment, even if you have
- ARC Flow scratch approved baffle filters, that effectively capture grease & cooking odours.
- Very easy to clean & body parts are constructed with 430 grade 20 gauge stainless steel.
- The LED lights are mounted directly below the range hood at the front portion.
- Defuser unit is comes with package.
- Ultra durable premium quality stainless made body units.
- High suction airflow.
- Easy to convert into ductless hoods.
- Minimalist effort required for cleaning.
- Maximum suction power 760 CFM.
- At high-speed airflow, produces louder noise.
5. Cosmo 668WRCS75 & 668WRCS90 Wall Mount Hoods
Who doesn’t want to decor her kitchen space? If you really loved European curve-shaped island kitchen hood & current kitchen architecture doesn’t support it; then you can go with the Cosmo 668WRCS75 wall mount range hood.
I love the appearance. This unit is a delicious combination of looks with functionality. Six (6″) inches place is mounted on the top portion; fully convertible to ductless one.
The 668WRCS75 unit is a 30″ product & dimension is 30 in. W x 18.5 in. D x Flexible 21.5 in. – 39.2 in. H.
The exhaust vent ductless is installed on the top left side from the front angle. Additionally, you get a long time (5 yrs) warranty period. US-based customer support.
- Upgraded ARC-Flow permanent filter, which only available with Cosmo hood units. The baffle filters are completely scratch resistant & compatible with dishwasher cleaning.
- Durable zealot quality martensitic 20 gauge stainless steel used for body manufacturing.
- Robust quality blower normally produces 380 CFM airflow, highest suction power is 760 cfm.
- Adjustable 3-level fan speed control with contemporary digital touch LED display.
- Premium quality hood glass, no green hues.
- LED lights are quite intense & as well as energy-efficient.
- No filter replacement is required.
- Coeval embellish design to make your kitchen more eyeful.
- Sturdy motor & body construction.
- A perfect unit within a reasonable price.
- Effortless cleaning.
- Noise level is a bit louder at the highest airflow.
- Not suitable for smaller hustle.
- Need to spend extra budget for #CFK1-TM carbon filter kit.
6. Cosmo 668ICS750 Tempered Glass Visor Island Hood
Cosmo 668ICS750 30 inches island hood, most suitable for capacious kitchen. It can easily grab any one attention with semblance design & powerful functionality. Probably this is the best island range hood from this brand.
For the suspicious household kitchen, this is a perfect vent-less hood solution. The full body comes with glossy brushed finished, the 6 inches duct vent is enclosed under the chimney.
From top to bottom the chimney width is exactly the same, so it looks like a rectangular chamber.
Two recirculating vent placed two sides (left & right) at the top place of the chimney. The 668ICS750 unit dimension is 29.2 in. W x 23.6 in. D extended 47 in. H & weight is 48.5 pound.
- Contemporary technology invented Stainless steel permanent ARC-Flow filters are completely dishwasher safe; and no need to change them.
- Whole-body parts are constructed with 430 series 20 gauge stainless steel material.
- The baffle filters efficiently trap greases, smokes & cooking smells.
- Sturdy motors are generated 380 CFM suction airflow. It’s enough power to suck out all the cooking contaminates from the kitchen space.
- Three-level fan speed control with auto timer & clock; digital display makes the handling more easier.
- Easy to convert into a non-ducted island exhaust hood with #CFK1-TM ductless filter.
- Superior quality tempered glass used for hood cap.
- High energy efficient two LED lights mounted near the front base.
- Maximum suction flow is 900 CFM, that is totally robust functionality.
- US based customer support.
- Auto turn off timer.
- Minimalist effort is required for cleaning.
- Trustable island kitchen hood solution from a reliable brand.
- Also comes under Amazon’s choice.
- The price range is very high; and also need to purchase the non-ducted kit separately.
- Might face installation difficulty, due to heavyweight.
How To Choose Perfect Cosmos Range Hood For Your Kitchen?
Before choosing the best quality cosmos range hood you recheck the following parameters-
The Kitchen Space:
The space area matters a lot especially for selecting the perfect range hood for your kitchen. Low CFM vent hoods are the right choice for tiny kitchens, whereas the same unit is less effective for larger kitchen space holders.
Wall mount exhaust hoods are suitable medium/ larger kitchens; & island hoods are specially made for suspicious hustles. Lastly, powerful under cabinet hoods like QS75 & QS90 absolutely fit for any hustle size.
Under-cabinet hoods are compact in size, relatively lite weighted; & also has effortless cleaning facility.
Ductless Or Ducted Kitchen Hood:
Duct option is the best solution to vent out airborne, stream & greases. On the other hand, for ductless, carbon filters are suck out the grease elements, but, unable to purify the whole kitchen environment. It re-circulate the stream, hot air & cooking smells within the cooking spot.
Types Of Filters:
There are 3 types of range hood filters baffle filter, aluminum mesh or honeycomb filter & carbon filter kit. The types of filters present in the range hoods, play an significant role for trapping the greases.
Except the MU series units all Cosmo filters are manufactured with latest ARC-Flow technology. These filters are easy to un-mount & dishwasher safe. In addition, they are made with 400 series stainless steel, which is completely rust proof & have robust potential to fight against scratches.
The Construction Material:
Stainless steel kitchen hoods are ultra-durable, rustproof & scratch proof. Thanks to Cosmo, all of their units are manufactured with premium quality stainless steel.
Push buttons are easy to use, but, real fight comes at cleaning time. You may need to use cotton buds to pull out greases from the button cracks. On the other hand digital display’s are attractive looking & very minimal effort is required for cleaning.
This is the most crucial functionality of the range hood. Even 30 inches ducted hood with high CFM potential, can fully vent out all the odours & greases from a larger kitchen. Cosmo has two fan speed variation 3- level & 4-level.
Range hood units like QS75, QS90, 668ICS750 have a digital auto-set timer for easy controlling. The maximum suction intensity of these models are 760-900 CFM.
Cosmo hood units are started from under budget range & most of their higher budget products are specifically designed for ultra ergonomic facilities.
If you have a lower budget then you can go with the COS-5MU series, it will work fine with duct option. Installation height is in between 24-30 inches above the cook-top.
Why Should I Buy Cosmo Brands Range Hoods?
I will give you 8 reason to buy the Cosmo range hood units-
- It’s a reliable brand in the kitchen appliances industry; and they are most popular for their range hood product.
- It completely starts from under budget range.
- All of their products have 5 years warranty period.
- Every unit comes with permanent filters & compatible with dishwasher cleaning.
- Any of their kitchen hood units are fully convertible to non-ducted hoods.
- More than 90% of Cosmo range hood units have high suction power.
- Every units are made with robust quality stainless steel, (MU series has both option aluminum & stainless steel).
- Lastly, appearance & brand matters a lot.
We have tried to cover each and every crucial aspect’s that are essentially required for consumers. Hope, our content on Cosmo range hood reviews, will surely help you to choose the right product for your kitchen. The brand has other hood units; but, these are the best option right now in the market. We have selected the products based on reviews, Amazon’s choice, budgets & features.