It’s very important for us to compare Granite Cookware Vs Ceramic Cookware for selecting the best cookware for healthy cooking. However, certainly, the granite pots & pans are the best alternatives to ceramic coated nonstick cookware.
There are lots of similarity present between these two cookware. But, we will compare these two based on construction materials, ergonomic features, longevity, Performance, cooking efficiency, etc; and, select the based one as per our needs.
Whether it’s ceramic or granite cookware, the whole body is not made from the pure ceramic or rock material. The inner base of these two cookware is either stainless steel or aluminium.
The Similarity Between Ceramic And Granite Dishes:
- Both cookware are free from toxin chemicals and, heavy metals. The toxin chemicals are P.O.F.A and, P.O.F.S; and, heavy metals are nickel, Pb (lead), Cd (cadmium).
- None of the cookware has un-uniform temperature distribution problem. However, for eventual heat dispersal facility the inner base metal must be “Aluminum“.
- Granite or ceramic, both of the cookware provides easy food reveal features. No to very less amount of fat (oil or butter) content required for healthy cooking.
- Both pots and pans provides very easy clean features; and, good quality ceramic or granite cookware are completely dishwasher safe.
- The granite or ceramic coating is completely natural and environment friendly.
The Granite Cookware:
As we have discussed Its not purely made by granite stones. The nonstick glass coating made from granite dust, porcelain; moreover diamond and, titanium are used in premium quality granite dishes.
As a result, the coating is completely free from the toxin chemicals. The porcelain clay coating is inflamed at more than 2000F, so , It becomes very hard in nature.
Granite Cookware Pros And Cons:
- The inner aluminium core helps in smooth heat distribution.
- Less energy consumption; the cookware perform best at medium heat temperature. So, quick food preparation at medium heat.
- No flaking issues, unlike non-stick pots and pans.
- The granite coating is completely scratch-resistant; so, it’s safe, in case you are using the metallic cooking utensils.
- Healthy and delicious cooking at low heat temperature; even, without oil or butter.
- Easy food release and cleaning.
- Completely safe for washing under the dishwasher.
- No leaching issues and completely non-reactive with foods.
- Comes with decorative and attractive design.
- Most of the Premium granite pots and pans outer base tightly joined with cast iron or stainless steel. Therefore it’s induction oven friendly; on the other hand, it’s safe for any stoves.
- Price range is bit more high; but, it’s really worth it.
- No good for high heat cooking. It decreases the cookware durability.
- Oven safe temperature is comparatively low.
- No all granite dishes are induction oven friendly.
The Ceramic Cookware:
There is no doubt the ceramic pots and pans are good alternatives of non-stick cookware. The ceramic coating covers the both sides outer layer of inner aluminum core base.
The ceramic coating is purely made from silicon clay and sol-gel; which is completely natural and, environment friendly (Source). The Green-Pan brand produces premium quality ceramic dishes; and, they used the lasted “Thermolon” technology for ceramic coating.
Moreover, thermolon is completely toxic less, mineral based synthetic ceramic-polymer; a combination of silica and solution gel. So, no fear of PTFE.
Ceramic Cookware Pros And Cons:
- The heat resistant temperature is comparatively higher than the granite or non-stick coated cookware.
- No harmful metals or chemicals have been used for ceramic manufacturing.
- Most of the premium quality ceramic cookware are dishwasher safe.
- It doesn’t release toxin fumes even at high heat, so, no flaking problems.
- Another best option for healthy cooking; therefore, you can prepare healthy delicious meal at a low heat without oil or butter and, less energy expenditure.
- Very easy to clean these cookware’s just pour it under worm soap water; and, soft pad gentle rubbing enough for cleaning.
- The nonstick coating helps in easy food releasing.
- Not all ceramic cookware’s are safe in dishwasher.
- All ceramic dishes doesn’t have scratch resistant power; so, metallic cooking utensils are not recommended.
- Cooking on gas stoves with ceramic cookware is really decreases it’s durability and, for long run it creates flaking on the outer layer.
The main differences between Granite Cookware Vs Ceramic Cookware:
Based on Performance:
- There is no doubt both of the cookware helps in toxic less healthy cooking; but, granite cookware consume less energy as compare to ceramic one.
- The granite cookware is the best non-stick option in case you are using the gas stoves for meal preparation.
- The inner core of the granite dishes are either stainless steel or aluminum even few cheap companies are using the carbon steel. On the other hand, The inner metal of ceramic pots and pans are aluminum.
So, if you are going for granite cookware make sure , recheck the inner metal is aluminum or not. Because, aluminums helps in uniform heat distribution and also increases the longevity.
- Granite cookware is more useful low heat and medium high temperature. However, ceramic cookware also has the same facility; but, it also useful for high temperature cooking as compared to the granite one.
Based on Durability:
- Here absolutely granite cookware is the winner. But, if you are using the Green-Pan ceramic pots and pans you get the same facility.
- The granite stone coating is very hard as compare to the ceramic coating. That’s why, you don’t need any separate silicon or wooden utensils.
Based on Ergonomic Designs and Looks:
- Here both of the cookware get same points. If you are looking for one color outer coating then ceramic coating is the best and if you like stone coated design then go for Granite stove cookware.
Based On Health:
- Both of the cookware are completely free from hazardous synthetic chemical like PTFE & POFA. Consequently, these cookware completely safe from harmful metal like lead and cadmium.
As a result, No fear of hormonal imbalance problem, kidney diseases, growth or infertility issues, etc.
Ceramic Vs Granite Cookware Which Is The Winner?
From above the comparison between granite cookware vs ceramic cookware, we like to recommends you granite nonstick coated dishes.
But again these not made for high temperature cooking If you are looking for high temperature friendly pots and pans then you can go with premium quality ceramic pans.
Note: GreenPan produces most reliable and durable ceramic coated nonstick cookware.
Buyers Check List Before Purchasing Ceramic Or Granite Cookware.
The base of the cookware must be flatten.
Inner core metal of the cookware must be hard anodized aluminums.
The cookware must safe for dishwasher cleaning.
User friendly with every stoves, especially the outer base must have either carbon or stainless steel or cast iron. Because only these 3 metal base are induction oven friendly.
Hope our team research content on granite cookware vs ceramic cookware, helps you to gather the right information to make the best purchases.
However, if you like ceramic cookware and have some budget, then go for Green-Pan dishes. Otherwise, If you are confusing about both of these; then we obliviously recommend the granite pots and pans. these are more durable as compared to ceramic one.