It’s really very annoying to use a pan with sticky grease and residues. If you don’t clean them properly, they stick the food ingredients on your cookware.
Additionally, some sticky greases change the food test. Like- the burnt oil remnants that stick on the bottom of the pans after deep frying the fishes.
Sticky, burnt polymerized oils never come off so easily with regular soaps & hot water. The cooking residues are several types like burnt-on foods stick with oils or might be burnt sugar.
Most of these cloggy residues appear because of non-stick cooking spays, deep-frying, etc. The burnt residues appear due to over-temperature & low-fat cooking.
Maximum burnt-on food residues appear on the stainless steel pans & cast iron skillets.
In fact, this can also happen if we mesh the non-stick or cast-iron pans seasoning process.
That’s why never use thick oils coating or wrong oils for non-stick cookware polymerization.
- How to wipe off burnt greases from pan bottoms?
- Can you put pans in the dishwasher?
- How to clean discolored stainless steel pots & pans?
Post Content Guide
Save 50% on the eligible item
What Are Sticky Residues?
The sticky residues are light or deep brown stuff, a combination of cooking oil & other food ingredients. Your Foods don’t absorb these elements.
These gummy leftovers are a combination of oils (mostly, these are saturated fats) & some food chemicals.
Do you an idea how these cloggy grease residues are forming?
At medium or high heat, most of the oils turn into saturated fats. During cooking, homemakers & chefs use dust spices.
Some of these spices & ingredients get burned during cooking. The burnt elements form together sticky residues; that appear on the pans.
The gummy burnt on oil resides also appears on the cookware bottoms. During high-temperature cooking, when oils spillover from a pot or pan, reached the bottom portion it gets burnt on.
Apart from these causes, gummy residues can also be formed; at low heat cooking. You might get wonder, how is this possible?
If you are a non-stick pan user, I hope you are well intimating with non-stick sprays. Yes, the nonstick-sprays are also responsible for stick residue formation.
How To Get Sticky Grease Residues Off The Pans?
Removing the sticky grease residues from pans is not a difficult task. I don’t know why people make it complicated.
You can’t apply the same technique to all different types of cookware. So, You must need to know which solution is best for what types of pans.
Now three ways you can clear these cloggy greases, using baking soda, bar keepers friend & vinegar.
Vinegar solution solely can’t break or dilute these sticky greases, but it’s effective for removing the burnt food residues.
Apart from these three options, you can go with commercial sticky grease cleaners. But, Teflon pan users must avoid these types of products.
The ketchup is relatively less effective; to pull out cloggy greases from pan bottoms.
Tooth pests perform best if you clean burnt oils after deep frying.
Removing Sticky Grease Residue From Hard Anodized Pans
The anodized aluminum pans are non-toxic & specifically construct to deliver a seamless cooking facility. This cookware gets heated & drop heats very quickly.
Let the anodized pan to cool-down at room temperature. Do a regular wash with liquid soaps & warm water to pull out the food remnants. And gently rub the pan with a soft kitchen towel.
Now to remove the burnt grease residues, we will apply “Easy Off” fumes. These fumes clear the cloggy elements and also clean the back residues off from the pan bottom.
Here is how-
- Cover the whole pan with the ‘Easy Off’ fume & leave it overnight.
- The next morning, wipe off the fume. Use a nylon scrubber & scrub with it on the cloggy areas.
- Finally, rinse the pan with lukewarm water. You can also use liquid dishwashing soaps to get better clean off.
Alternative: you can apply baking soda pest on the grease spots & repeat the predefined instructions.
Removing Sticky Grease Residue From Cast Iron Skillets
These versatile skillets can serve you for your whole life if you correctly treat them. In these pans, you can apply dishwashing soaps & hard scrubbers. If you do so, then you need to go for seasoning.
If the gummy grease residue comes from cooking spays, then first wipe off the skillet with a paper towel.
Rachel Ray’s YouTube channel shared a wonderful technique to wipe off cloggy greases from the cast-iron.
Here is the procedure-
- Apply an ample amount of salt on the hot pan.
- Carefully scrub the skillet with a kitchen towel or other scrubber.
- Left the salt on your kitchen basin & rinsed the skillet with lukewarm water.
During cleaning, time must use oven mitts or kitchen gloves to hold the pan. Each portion of a cast-iron skillet retains equal heat.
Therefore be very careful when you deal with this type of hot cookware.
Alternative: You can also go with oven cleaner. But, you must have to do seasoning of the cast-iron skillet right after that.
Removing Sticky Grease Residue From Stainless Steel Pans
Many homemakers fear it like a nightmare. They really struggle to remove the cloggy burnt residues from the stainless steel pan bottom.
I will share with you three cool methods for cleaning the sticky residues from stainless steel cookware bottom. The requiring ingredients are baking soda or bar keepers friend.
Make sure you wash the pan with mild detergent soap & warm water. Use a medium-hard scrubber for scrubbing to pull out food remnants.
Now soak the excessive water from it, using a paper or a soft kitchen towel.
Here are the procedures-
- Apply baking soda pest on gummy grease residues. To make this pest take 1:1 tablespoon/ teaspoon of baking soda & water.
- Leave your pan for 30 minutes.
- Scrub the grease spots with a steel wool scrubber.
- Now do a regular wash with rinse water & liquid dish cleaning soap. Your cookware will be as it was like a new one.
This method is a replica of “method 1” only replace the baking soda with a barkeeper friend.
Precaution: Please, use good kitchen mitts that can handle boiling water temperature.
- Take a large pot, make sure the pot diameter must be much wider than the pan diameter.
- Fill two-thirds (2/3) of the pot with water. Add baking soda & a piece of aluminum foil and boiled it.
- Immerse the pan or pot under this boiling water & left it for 10 minutes.
- Now scrub the cookware with aluminum foil, which you put for boiling.
- Finally, go for a regular wash.
My personal experience:
“Method 3” is a bit more expensive; you need to spend burner cost, baking soda & aluminum foils.
But, this method will give you total satisfaction. This procedure 100% removes sticky burnt on greases & black stain residues.
Remove Sticky Grease Residue From Teflon/Nonstick Pans:
Teflon pans are very sensitive. You have to deal with this cookware carefully; otherwise, the coating will come off.
Once to finished cooking, left the Teflon pan to come at room temperature. First, you have to flash out the food remnants. Therefore, clean the pan with lukewarm water & low alkaline liquid soap & must use a sponge scrubber.
Here is how you can clean it-
- Take one teaspoon of baking soda & diluted vinegar & create to make the paste. Now wrap it on the grease residue spots.
- Leave the non-stick pan for 20 minutes & gently scrub those spots with a sponge scrubber.
- Once you are done, wash the pan with regular rinse water.
Removing Sticky Grease Residue From Ceramic pans
Ceramic or Granite coated cookware is also considering as safest one. But, their cooking spots are also sensitive. These cooking spots have a glaze coating, which makes them nonstick.
Here, the cloggy remnant removing procedure is the same as the Teflon pans.
How To Prevent Burnt Grease Reside Appears On The Pans?
The gummy residues that appear on the pan bottom are not harmful to our health. But, if these grease remnants appear on the cooking spots obviously, it can create health issues.
Preventing the burnt grease appearance on the pans is really an easy task; you just need to practice few simple steps.
- Always cook at low or medium heat temperature. This will prevent the foods from burnt on; additionally, no grease stubs will stick on your cookware.
- During deep frying, cook carefully. If oils spills over from pans, they get polymerized on the cookware exterior wall & bottoms.
- Use good oils & fats for cooking, instead of cooking sprays. Cooking sprays also create sticky remnants. Moreover, never apply these sprays on your non-stick pans to protect the longevity.
The Best Degreaser You Can Try:
In my opinion, baking soda & barkeeper friends are the best de-greaser. Many people think vinegar dilutes the fats, which is a wrong myth.
We have discussed as thoroughly as we can; to find the right solution for your cookware.
So, we can conclude, depending on the cookware types, you can apply specific solution grease stubs removing methods.
Every scrubber is not made for every cookware. The steel wool scrubber can be applied to stainless steel cookware. If you are dealing with non-stick pans, never put them under the oven cleaners.