The non-stick cookware is an essential culinary gadget; every kitchen must have it.
On the other hand, improper handling can ruin these cookware & intricate toxicity in your foods.
Any, the short answer-
you can use ceramic/ granite coated pans, hard anodized cookware, cast iron pans instead of Teflon non-stick pans. These pans are perfect alternative to non-stick pans.
Don’t be tried to find out the best alternative of non-stick pans & pots.
Learn how to use these cooking pans properly. So, you can lead a good healthy lifestyle.
When we talk about nonstick-cookware, 1st thing strikes on our head Teflon pans & pots.
Moreover, in few cases, you can use multi-clad stainless steel pans as non-stick cookware. Here, two things you need to take care of for-
1st set the stove or cook-top temperature at low.
2nd, you have to use butter or fats.
Post Content Guide
Best Substitute for Teflon Pans:
The Teflon pans are the cheapest non-stick culinary for cooking oil-less foods like- egg-omelets, pancakes. Consequently, these pans have come with lots of limitations.
I have suggested a few Teflon pans alternative that you can try from today. like-
Hard Anodized Pans:
Hard anodization is a natural water-based electrolysis process. Here aluminum metal gets coated with a harmless oxidized non-stick coating.
These pans are more substantial as compared to stainless steel cookware & you don’t need to apply oil before you make an egg omelet or a pancake.
- Foods cook more faster because of aluminum; you will enjoy the harmonious cooking feature.
- It’s 100% safe, non-toxic cookware.
- Oven safe in between 450F to 480F; therefore, you can use them for baking or roasting recipes.
- You don’t need to apply frequent seasoning until the coating gets peeling off.
- Most of the anodized cooking sets are dishwasher compatible.
- The cleaning procedure is quite easy & impressive.
- These pans are pricier than most of the non-stick cookware.
- If you want to use these pans for a longer time, you have to avoid scouring pads & metallic spatulas.
- The regular hard-anodized pans are non-compatible with induction stoves.
Most of these pans are compatible with dishwasher cleaning, but you have to go with hand washing. For a longer run, dishwasher detergents ruin their non-stick coating.
Never immerse or rinse the hot anodized pans with regular water.
The non-stick coating is 100% non-metallic. Aluminum metal & this coating have two different thermal contractions & expansion properties. Therefore the anodized coating will come off from the pans.
Ceramic & Granite Non-Stick Pans:
The ceramic & granite non-stick pans are constructing with silica-based ceramic porcelain clays. These clays are coated on the pans to make them non-stick cookware. Ceramic & granite non-stick pans also come under health-safe non-stick culinary categories.
- These pans are clean very quickly & effortlessly; among all the non-stick cookware.
- Ceramic & granite non-stick pans within a reasonable price range.
- Food cooks seamlessly & doesn’t stick on the cooking surface.
- These pans are non-compatible for high-heat recipes.
- These pans are oven safe in between 350F to 400F.
- If the pans exterior-base, not impact-bonded joints with a magnetized metal, you can’t use them on an induction cooktop.
- Strictly avoid dishwasher cleaning, uses of metallic scrubbers, harsh detergents. These elements destroyed the non-stick glaze, and foods will start sticking on these pans.
- Metallic spatulas are also non-compatible with these pans.
Never cook at a high flame using a ceramic or granite-coated non-stick pan. If you cook over the thermal-safe temperature, you will face two problems- the porcelain coating will get peeling off & foods get sticks on the cooking surface.
Rinsing the hot pan with regular water can create similar types of problems; therefore, stay out of it.
During cooking, never preheat the pan for a longer time & always use wooden & silicone cooking utensils.
Best Alternative To Non Stick Pans:
Cast Iron Skillets:
The cast-iron skillets & dutch ovens are very useful culinary tools. You can use them for versatile cooking needs. Additionally these skillet pans are heavy, stay stable on any stove-tops.
Un-seasoned raw cast iron skillets have a coarser cooking surface. However, if you can season them properly, these skillets become 100% non-stick cookware.
The seasoning is- a fat polymerization process; it’s entirely safe for our health. Despite the many versatile aspects of these cooking pans/ pots, they also have limitations.
- These pans Heated up seamlessly.
- Foods get cooked fast & uniformly.
- Retain heats for a wider-time.
- Well polymerized cast iron skillets 100% work like a non-stick pan.
- It’s slowly intricate iron minerals on the foods.
- Cast iron skillets, dutch-ovens & griddles are the ultimate cookware for high heat cooking.
- These cooking tools get rusty very quickly. Therefore users must need to go for frequent seasoning.
- Cooking the acidic foods on these pans is strictly restricted. If you do so, the pan will lose its nonstick-polymerized coating.
Carbon Steel Pans:
The carbon steel pans & wok have an extremely smoother cooking surface. If you use a teaspoon of oils & it will 100% work like a natural non-stick pan.
Many people get confused about carbon steels & stainless steels.
Another interesting fact is carbon steel pans are also injecting minerals into foods, like cast iron skillets.
The carbon steels are much harder, as compared to stainless steels & cast-iron pans.
Do you know why carbon steel pans get deformed?
Carbon steel does consider as a less ductile metal. Therefore, the cooking surface gets deformed at high heat, never comes back to its original shape.
- It’s light-weighted cookware.
- These pans have come within the under-budget price range.
- It’s compatible with high heat cooking.
- Get heat up quickly. But it loses heat also quickly because of thinner body mass.
- Get rusted quickly, as same as cast iron skillets.
- Often get deformed from its actual shapes.
- The carbon steels have poor-corrosion resistive power.
If the handles are unprotected, never grip these pans with empty hands.
If the pan handle does cover with woods, never insert them under an oven.
Stainless Steel Pans:
Multi-clad stainless cookware can also react like a non-stick pan. However, you have to lower down the cooking flame & need to use butter.
Most of the time we, use non-stick pans for oil-free, low heat cooking. Non-stick cookware is useful, especially for stovetop baking or frying-related recipes.
But you don’t get these facilities on stainless steel pans. Additionally, stainless steels have poor heat-conductivity.
Manufacturers use aluminum or copper sandwich layer; to make these cookware good conductors of heats. Additionally, these pans are costlier than other cookware.
What Are The Main Problem Of Using A Non Stick Pan?
There is no doubt that non-stick cookware serves us to lead a healthy lifestyle. But, improper uses of these cookware can ruin your health.
The problems are:
1. Most of the nonstick-cookware releases toxic vapor once it gets overheated. Our modern technology extracted the POFA’s from Teflon. However, you stills get inactive PTFEs in these cooking sets.
Once these pans exceed the highest thermal safety point, they start releasing the chemical fumes. For a longer time-period, this can generate serious health problems.
2. Most of the non-stick cooking sets are non-compatible with metallic utensils. Hard utensils often scratch the nonstick-layers. As a result, foods get in contact with inner metals.
Often the manufacturer use cast aluminum or carbon steel (not stainless steels) as inner core metals. That’s why these metals extricate minerals into the foods, which bad for our health.
Additionally, hard utensils ruined the nonstick-layers effectiveness. Therefore foods often get sticky on the cooking surface.
3. Users can’t prepare citrus foods on it. Acidic foods also damage the effectiveness.
Premium quality ceramic & granite coated non-stick pans have a highly smooth cooking surface. You see any image reflection on it (but this reflection isn’t cleared as mirror one).
So, if you cook citrus foods daily, the glaze will be ruined, after sometimes.
Even the strong acidic elements (vinegar) create a small pore on anodized cookware.
4.The use of hard/ metallic scrubbers is strictly prohibited. These scrubbers also ruined your cookware like metallic utensils.
5. Non-stick pans are non-compatible with dishwasher cleaning. Most of the dishwasher detergents contain some harsh elements.
6. Most of the non-stick pans are non-fit for high heat cooking. Only the premium quality hard anodized cookware can tolerate high heat temperature. Analon anodized cookware’s are oven-safe till 500F.
I have mentioned all the substitutes of non-stick pans that you can try. But, hard-anodized pans & well-seasoned cast iron skillets are the best cookware that you can try instead of Teflon pans.
If you love to cook with some oil at low heat, you can try multi-clad stainless steel pans. So, I hope you get a clear idea about your query. Lastly, decide today what types of cooking you want & based on your needs, choose the right non-stick culinary as an alternative to non-stick pans.