The non-stick cookware is an essential culinary gadget; every kitchen must have it.
On the other hand, improper handling can ruin these cookware & intricate toxicity in your foods.
Any, the short answer-
you can use ceramic/ granite coated pans, hard anodized cookware, cast iron pans instead of Teflon non-stick pans. These pans are perfect alternative to non-stick pans.
Don’t be tried to find out the best alternative of non-stick pans & pots. Learn how to use these cooking pans properly. So, you can lead a good healthy lifestyle.
When we talk about nonstick-cookware, 1st thing strikes on our head Teflon pans & pots.
Moreover, in few cases, you can use multi-clad stainless steel pans as non-stick cookware. Here, two things you need to take care of for-
1st set the stove or cook-top temperature at low.
2nd, you have to use butter or fats.
Best Alternative To Non Stick Pans:
Cast Iron Skillets:
The cast-iron skillets & dutch ovens are very useful culinary tools. You can use them for versatile cooking needs.
Un-seasoned raw cast iron skillets have a coarser cooking surface. However, if you can season them properly, these skillets become 100% non-stick cookware.
The seasoning is- a fat polymerization process; it’s entirely safe for our health. Despite the many versatile aspects of these cooking pans/ pots, they also have limitations.
- These pans Heated up seamlessly.
- Foods get cooked fast & uniformly.
- Retain heats for a wider-time.
- Well polymerized cast iron skillets 100% work like a non-stick pan.
- It’s slowly intricate iron minerals on the foods.
- Cast iron skillets, dutch-ovens & griddles are the ultimate cookware for high heat cooking.
- These cooking tools get rusty very quickly. Therefore users must need to go for frequent seasoning.
- Cooking the acidic foods on these pans is strictly restricted. If you do so, the pan will lose its nonstick-polymerized coating.
Carbon Steel Pans:
The carbon steel pans & wok have an extremely smoother cooking surface. If you use a teaspoon of oils & it will 100% work like a natural non-stick pan.
Many people get confused about carbon steels & stainless steels.
Another interesting fact is carbon steel pans are also injecting minerals into foods, like cast iron skillets.
The carbon steels are much harder, as compared to stainless steels & cast-iron pans.
Do you know why carbon steel pans get deformed?
Carbon steel does consider as a less ductile metal. Therefore, the cooking surface gets deformed at high heat, never comes back to its original shape.
- It’s light-weighted cookware.
- These pans have come within the under-budget price range.
- It’s compatible with high heat cooking.
- Get heat up quickly. But it loses heat also quickly because of thinner body mass.
- Get rusted quickly, as same as cast iron skillets.
- Often get deformed from its actual shapes.
- The carbon steels have poor-corrosion resistive power.
If the handles are unprotected, never grip these pans with empty hands.
If the pan handle does cover with woods, never insert them under an oven.
Stainless Steel Pans:
Multi-clad stainless cookware can also react like a non-stick pan. However, you have to lower down the cooking flame & need to use butter.
Most of the time we, use non-stick pans for oil-free, low heat cooking. Non-stick cookware is useful, especially for stovetop baking or frying-related recipes.
But you don’t get these facilities on stainless steel pans. Additionally, stainless steels have poor heat-conductivity.
Manufacturers use aluminum or copper sandwich layer; to make these cookware good conductors of heats. Additionally, these pans are costlier than other cookware.
What Are The Main Problem Of Using A Non Stick Pan?
There is no doubt that non-stick cookware serves us to lead a healthy lifestyle. But, improper uses of these cookware can ruin your health.
The problems are:
1. Most of the nonstick-cookware releases toxic vapor once it gets overheated. Our modern technology extracted the POFA’s from Teflon. However, you stills get inactive PTFEs in these cooking sets.
Once these pans exceed the highest thermal safety point, they start releasing the chemical fumes. For a longer time-period, this can generate serious health problems.
2. Most of the non-stick cooking sets are non-compatible with metallic utensils. Hard utensils often scratch the nonstick-layers. As a result, foods get in contact with inner metals.
Often the manufacturer use cast aluminum or carbon steel (not stainless steels) as inner core metals. That’s why these metals extricate minerals into the foods, which bad for our health.
Additionally, hard utensils ruined the nonstick-layers effectiveness. Therefore foods often get sticky on the cooking surface.
3. Users can’t prepare citrus foods on it. Acidic foods also damage the effectiveness.
Premium quality ceramic & granite coated non-stick pans have a highly smooth cooking surface. You see any image reflection on it (but this reflection isn’t cleared as mirror one).
So, if you cook citrus foods daily, the glaze will be ruined, after sometimes.
Even the strong acidic elements (vinegar) create a small pore on anodized cookware.
4.The use of hard/ metallic scrubbers is strictly prohibited. These scrubbers also ruined your cookware like metallic utensils.
5. Non-stick pans are non-compatible with dishwasher cleaning. Most of the dishwasher detergents contain some harsh elements.
6. Most of the non-stick pans are non-fit for high heat cooking. Only the premium quality hard anodized cookware can tolerate high heat temperature. Analon anodized cookware’s are oven-safe till 500F.